My Top 10 Things to Do When You’re Having a Bad Day



We all have those days…But don’t fear, if you want to feel better there are little things to do that will improve you day! These are the things I do personally whenever I’m feeling down:

     1.   Hit the gym!! Always works for me, Get the endorphins racing through those veins and sweat out the bad vibes. It works.

     2.  Hit the pavement. Sometimes you might not be in the mood to be in a crowded gym with a million people. Sometimes going on a long run just to get away from the world for a little while is the best medicine.

     3.   Go outside. Hike, walk in the park, or drive around aimlessly with the windows down. Fresh air will do you good!

     4.  Treat Yourself! I know some guys out there might not be into this but I know us girls love a good mani/pedi. Treat yourself! I’m always doing my own nails at home but sometimes there’s nothing better than going out and having the professionals get the job done for you.

     5.  Take a hot shower. I’m not sure why this works but whenever I’m feeling tired, run down, gloomy, or sick I always hop in the shower. It’s kind of like restarting your day. And definitely feels great.

     6.   Watch your favorite show or comedy. If I want a guarantee laugh I’ll refer to Netflix and put on some old Friends episodes, New Girl, It’s Always Sunny, or (my new fav) Arrested Development.

     7.  Do something nice for a Friend. Or even a stranger. Random acts of kindness, doing good to others make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. When you’re having a bad day sometimes making others feel good can have a strong positive impact on your own attitude or mood.

     8.  Turn off your phone. Blocking out social media and emails and phone calls for a few hours can just make you forget about the real world for a moment.

     9.  Set some goals for the day; instead of moping around, getting nothing done. Making yourself busy, or finding things to occupy your time is really a great way to forget all about why you’re in a bad mood in the first place.


    10. Indulge! If you’re like me, always trying to eat healthy and never going for that second slice of pizza, give yourself a break! Life’s short, go get some ice cream, buy that chocolate bar at the checkout line, have a second helping of pasta. Sometimes it’s all you need!

Comments