Trainer Spotlight- Luke Meola



This is Luke's first year working at the rec center as a personal trainer! He is a Junior health promotion and fitness management major from Roxbury, New Jersey. Though he hasn't been with the Rec long, he has enjoyed every minute. 

What made you want to become a personal trainer?


Going through therapy after tearing my ACL and having my own personal trainer helped me decide to get certified. I saw how much of a difference he made in helping myself and others, and I realized I wanted to do that too.

What is your favorite part about the job?


My favorite part would have to be, seeing people get excited when they reach their goals.  Knowing that I made a difference and they are happy and grateful for their progress is very rewarding.

What is the most difficult part about being a personal trainer and how do you deal with it?


The hardest part about being a personal trainer is having to make other people’s goals a priority while still worrying about my own.  I have to make sure I’m there for my clients and schedule my own workouts around their convenience, which a lot of the times means getting up early to head to the gym and have my own workout before helping someone else.

What is your best fitness tip?


Always strive to achieve your goals, and try to become a better version of yourself

What is a fun fact about yourself?


I like art and drawing.  I also enjoy going to see musicals, which is definitely something people don’t expect to find out when they meet me.



If you’d like to sign up for a session with Luke or any of the Rowan Rec Center trainers, please visit the front desk of the Rec center! Or even just approach him yourself if you see him around the gym, he’s very personable and more than happy to help!

-JC

Comments