Trainer Spotlight- Daysjia Black

Daysjia Black is a Junior here at Rowan.  Her major is athletic training and she has been working at the Rowan Rec Center for over a year now as a personal trainer.  She is originally from Jersey City, NJ but has been greatly enjoying her time here at Rowan, even if it has been really busy.

Why did you pick athletic training as your major?


All throughout middle school and high school I as involved in sports.  I also however had asthma.  I remember once during a cheerleading competition I had an asthma attack and the first person to come help me were athletic trainers.  This had a big impact on me and influenced me into looking into what athletic trainers do and how they help people.  This made me realize that I wanted to help others too.

What is your favorite part about being a personal trainer?


My favorite part of being a personal trainer is influencing the lives of my clients. I get to help the make better choices and improve their lifestyles.

What is the most difficult part of your job and how do you deal with it?


I started athletic training my sophomore year of college so I was young and the majority of my clients were a lot older than me.  It was hard for me to get people to take me seriously and look at me as an authority figure that is knowledgeable and can help them. 

Are you involved in any other organizations on campus?


Yes, I have been very busy this year. I also work at the Rec Center and I am part of the athletic training club.  I also used to be part of the Rowan cheerleading team and I also hold an achieving the dreams scholarship.

What is a fun fact about yourself?


I used to be a cheerleader so I am good at tumbling



If you are looking to hire a personal trainer, stop by the Rowan Rec Center today and inquire about it at the main office.  They can be a great help to helping you achieve your fitness goals!

-JC

Comments