Personal Trainer Spotlight- Stephanie Peterson




Stephanie Peterson is a senior, Health Promotion and Wellness Management major.  She is from Layfette NJ, but has really enjoyed her time here at Rowan! She just got certified as a personal trainer this past summer but really likes it so far!

What made you choose your major?

I wanted a way to share the love I have for fitness and wellness with others. 

What made you want to become a personal trainer?

I want to help clients create and fulfill their own fitness journey.

What is your favorite part of the job?

My favorite part would have to be seeing clients make progress toward their goals. It’s really rewarding knowing I helped them make progress.

Are you involved in any other organizations on campus?

I am very involved on campus; I am also president of women’s club basketball team, treasurer for the National Wellness Institute, and an Admissions Ambassador.

What is your best fitness tip?

Find a type of exercise you love to do, it’s different for all of us.  If you like the activity you are participating in you are more likely to stick with it. 

What is the most difficult part of your job and how to you deal with it?

It is difficult to motivate a client when they plateau or have to overcome an obstacle.  I encourage them by having them reiterate their goals, and together we find a way to keep moving forward. 

What is a fun fact about yourself?

I live on a horse farm and have three goats.




If you are ready to start getting in shape, but need a little help, hire a personal trainer today! Stop in at the Rec Center main office and inquire about hiring Stephanie or any of our other personal trainers.  They would all love to help you reach your fitness goals. 

-JC

Comments