Freshman Experience: Working at the Rowan Rec Center



Halfway through my senior year of high school I applied for a job at the Rowan Rec Center. At the time, I never knew how much of a role the Rec Center would play in my freshman experience. It was one of the best things to happen to me during my first semester of college.


I wanted to get involved on campus, and I was ecstatic to find that Freshmen are able to work at the Rec Center. On the first day of training I was nervous and scared, but as I entered the building, the atmosphere was welcoming and this building quickly became a home away from home for me. Everybody here has a common goal: to make the Rec a safe and welcoming place.


Working at the Rec Center as a freshman has been an amazing experience. It has lessened my anxiety, given me a sense of belonging, and has introduced me to amazing people and amazing experiences.


I am currently a Marketing Assistant on the Marketing team, and I will be a Cycling Instructor this spring! Look for me on this semester's schedule, Sean Scott.


If you’re interested in working at the Rec Center stop by one of our upcoming info sessions:


January 20  2pm
January 23  9pm
January 25  2pm
February 2  5pm
February 3  11am


-SS

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! So glad you are part of our team/family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment